Audio Visual (AV) Technician Level 3
Full Time – Tampa, FL
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret clearance, preferred but not required, and TS eligible.
Join a growing team that provides unlimited room for your professional growth. You will be a team member that performs at the highest levels in the Department of Defense. We encourage our employees to strive for the next level and back it up with paid training and opportunity. We offer great pay, excellent benefits and the tools to succeed.
We are seeking a senior level AV Technician to perform hardware installation and secondary programming functions on a variety of platforms, with a focus on audiovisual and communications systems. You will deploy with the integration team to government and civilian sites worldwide, building AV/VTC systems. These systems include voice and video network hardware and software, media control systems (AMX / Crestron), DSPs, matrix mixers and switchers, codecs (Cisco/Tandberg/Polycom).
• Support the design and engineering processes to develop AV/VTC system packages.
• Perform surveys, assist in designing, troubleshooting and maintaining various telecomm systems, TCP/IP networks, CCTV security, and access control systems.
• Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
• Install, terminate, test, label & document horizontal, backbone & other cables.
• Dress & route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture & other work area outlets.
• Build out telecom & equipment rooms.
• Operate and test most types of AV systems and equipment.
• Contribute on projects from initial estimating phase through final inspections and commissioning.
• Performs as a site lead and demonstrates effective leadership.
• Interprets designs and delegates daily objectives to the crew.
• Performs as a level 1 programmer. Loads complex code from senior programmers and can modify code in the field based on senior direction.
• Effectively uses a debugger and communicates technical issues with the senior programmers by phone.
• Develops DSP files and configures gain structure, configures AEC settings, performs audio tests locally, and with VTC distant end.
• Executes statements of work by clearly understanding scope and demark of project requirements and services provided by others.
• Develops detailed daily reports.
• Reviews and approves as-builts for release.
• Supervises and supports/performs testing, documentation, and training.
• Effectively supports all phases of proposals, understands C3EL’s proposal process.
Requirements and Qualifications
• CTS Certification with design or integration designator. (CTS-D or CTS-I)
• Security+ CE Certification.
• Crestron 101 and Crestron level 2 certification.
• BIAMP Tesira Server online.
• Dante level one Certification.
• Thinklogical Tech 200 & 300.
• Performs Planar/Layard, DL2, TWA, and TWS configuration and calibration.
• Uses DM tools to validate and troubleshoot.
• Loads Crestron code and effectively uses and communicates debugger information to programmers.
• Develops Tesira files, sets gain structure.
• Updates firmware.
• Configures I.P addresses and other required component settings. According to the project data sheet.
• Tests codecs cameras, audio, and video.
• Performs red-line markups in the field, and updates the design using AutoCAD. Converts to PDF and coordinates final review and delivery to the client. (Demonstrated proficiency Manager Signoff)
• Develops training guides.
• Performs on-site user training.
• Performs SOVT.
• Supports project engineering, by researching products and developing bills of material and labor estimates under supervision.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Competent and capable communicator with MS Office Products.
• Has all the required tools and test equipment.
• Successfully completes the C3EL Lab test for Tech 3.