Location: Osan AB, South Korea
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Clearance Type: TS/SCI
The AV/VTC Engineer contractor is the AV/VTC expert for the supported organization.
The AV/VTC Engineer must be able to set up, interconnect and operate multilevel secure (unclass through TS/SCI) AV/VTC equipment. Including LCD projectors and screens, audio mixers, microphones, sound systems, teleprompter, DVD players, production and document cameras, computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other technology devices; establish wired network connections; integrate web and audio conferencing into meetings; operate complex AV/VTC systems with integrated video conferencing, projection, audio, recording, playback and remote control devices; establish point-to-point and multi-point video conferences; identify, troubleshoot and resolve AV/VTC equipment and connectivity issues; lift, transport and assemble AV/VTC equipment; adapt to changes in technology; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; prioritize projects and organize time; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; train others on AV/VTC system operation; research technical resources; adapt to changes in technology. The AV/VTC engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and installation of audiovisual enterprise systems. The contractor will also be responsible for developing and updating drawings, programming all video and audio matrix interconnected systems; research and implement new software, as well as technological developments to improve various aspects of the systems and support. Member will work in conjunction with other staff members, so strong verbal and written communication skills are also important. Member must know all aspects of AV/VTC equipment and related peripherals; basic signal flow; inter-connectivity of AV/VTC equipment and systems; standard software applications; various computer platforms and operating systems; basic network infrastructure; basic electrical safety practices; excellent customer service skills and practices. Punctuality and precision are very important in this position, so time-management skills are highly beneficial. Instructs others in the selection, use and design of AV/VTC materials; provides individual instruction and support for equipment setup and operation as needed; assists in developing and providing budgetary estimates and schedules for equipment replacements; supports Government Senior Leaders (SES/GO) long range capital investment/life Cycle replacement program for organizations Enterprise AV/VTC capability.
Basic (REQUIRED) Qualifications:
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of directly related experience supporting AV/VTC Operations.
- BA/BS degree in a related technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, or Electronics) or HS/AAS Degree with a combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described.
- TS/SCI Clearance.
- IAT Level I, Security + Certification
- AMX and/or Extron Certification.
- Polycom VTC, CISCO/Tandberg VTC/DVTC Experience
- US Passport
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Outstanding communications skills (Verbal/Telephone/Written)
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Basic Korean language skills/ability
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification